Wednesday, September 5, 2007

stuck.

Sometimes I wonder what life could have been if I left my current work a few months back. It’s not the first time I would reflect on work accomplishment and acknowledgement. As I see it, most employees who have worked here have become too relaxed with their work, too comfortable with their positions and the fact that they simply have jobs to support their families. They have been stuck here all their lives. I see myself living it freely, and not being able to stay too long enough to grow roots under my feet but time has lapsed and it has been a year and 9 months exactly, I don’t see myself the way I did then, now I have become them. Too caught up in the cradle of surety. I have been taking my job for granted that I have transformed into a mechanical worker, rather than a person who would do her job with passion and the satisfaction of having countless accomplishments. I have become ungrateful and less enthusiastic. People would notice and tell me how much I’ve changed. Aside from the fact that I still come late, I have been doing my job pretty well and there were of course the times I would go and visit plants and job sites. Those have been exciting and fun way to learn new things in construction. Now, it’s all fading. I’m now down with projects with housing, open space, and land development and I’m left to do only evaluations and attend negotiations and presentations of those to our management. Involvement with high rise project have been only a phase, my mentor, supposedly, should be teaching me and not telling me "it’s okay, you don’t have to do anything, I can manage." Now how does that define him as a mentor? I feel I might be wasting my time here when I should be elsewhere getting my education.

No comments: