Tuesday, September 4, 2007

unchain me from guilt.

His tongue is smooth, and it felt like mine. He comes and charms ladies as if they’re the most beautiful of their kind. We make way for breaks and spend a few minutes occasionally for a smoke or some coffee. Though this may happen not everyday his words linger in my ear like sucking starfishes. They cajole. They’re sly. They trick. They leave you a good feeling about yourself. "You’re really looking good my dear." He may have shown a respectable façade, but his stories of his side trips changed the way I see him. He has done numerous acts of disloyalty to his family, his wife. He thinks otherwise. As long as it remains hidden and refrains being executed as gossip. I was told I have been living my life as a free spirit. He deserves to be called thrice more the same way, and be faced with karma. Our difference is he’s married, and I am not. But this does not unchain me from guilt after experiencing the thrill of it. His ways are a memory of myself. I know how I have been, leaving a taste of sweetness. Good at first, karma second, and third, and fourth... I used to say enjoy for the heck of it. But now I believe it wrong and unfair for some. I tell him about this, and he answers me the way I would then. He’s years older than me, yet he seems stuck with his immaturity. A type of character I see myself living again as I am leading myself into its accommodation. . I am both excited and scared of what may happen if…

No comments: