Wednesday, March 25, 2009

When the queen finally kissed a worker bee . . .

i had to keep this.
it's by my friend Marvin.


Foggy windows that I never washed
Leave spots that the morning sun reveals
I squint to see past those lovely brown remnants
Shrugged off in revs over speed bumps

Little dark gifts with big heads, cute
Now discoloured and originally undeserved
Are the reasons why I struggle to see
Using kindness on a long-lost cause

And pointless shame and memory
Keep the dirt inside a chanced luxury
A treasure of Cool Watered tears and kisses
Repeats alongside old track 12

Hypnotizing, the voice
But like a fan I follow and say
That I must need you. How I hate you.
How I hate your lips, they sucked my neck

In ecstasy
That is there again as the sunrise climbs
And I follow the warmth, falling everyday,
because of the miracle
When the queen finally kissed a worker bee

-MW

No comments: